It is never too late to give something up for Lent. Nor is there a rule that prevents you from changing your fasting objects during Lent.
Here is a list of suggested items for fasting this Lent, as Fr. Brad discussed during our Mission.
Do you want to fast this Lent?
- Fast from hurting words and say kind words
- Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude
- Fast from anger and be filled with patience
- Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope
- Fast from worries and trust in God
- Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity
- Fast from pressures and be prayerful
- Fast from bitterness and fill your heart with joy
- Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others
- Fast from grudges and be reconciled
- Fast from words and be silent so you can listen
Attributed to Pope Francis